8.09.2006

Somebody's Getting Married!

Or should I say, everyone's getting married? That Muppet's Take Manhattan song "Somebody's Getting Married" is always in my head lately. When did we get so old?

First it was Jenna
Then Sarah-Ki
Then Me
Then Cuddy
Then Ash
Then Beth
Now Hally
And Ellen

.....when did we all become a bunch of old married farts?

haha, ok, I speak for myself. I'd like to think I'm cooler than an old married fart, but am I really? I never go out on the weekends anymore....so forget week nights. I'd rather stay home and watch tv, slash a movie. Every Sunday has become Cleaning Day, I find vacuuming to be therapeutic, I don't sleep in as late anymore and we have barbeques with the neighbors. Yikes.

I need to get out more often.

Sometimes I miss those crazy weekends with the girls in NYC :)

Kristin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think us married ladies, especially happily married ladies, are the truly cool people. Being married to a great guy means never having to be lonely, never having to look cute to get a drink bought for you, never having to wonder if he will be good in bed! And as I sit here, 9 months pregnant with a 38 week fetus bumping around inside me, who else can you count on to lie awake with you in the middle of the night talking about old TV shows you watched as kids!

Anonymous said...

ahh domesticity, household checking accounts and memorizing someone else's social security number...and i'm not EVEN married!

KristinMilner said...

Trace

I can always count on you to give me a better outlook on married life! You and Moke are too cute. And if my dreams are accurate...the peanut is gonna be cute and extremely intelligent too! I'm bummed you can't make it to Mike's b-day party today. I made a yummy peach shortcake (an ode to the magical-player-of-the- peach). We miss you so much! I still can't believe you are gone. COME BACK! Ha.

Jules...when do I get to add your name to my list of wives/soon-to-be wives??? I need another wedding to plan. Tell A-ron to put a pony on it. Plus, you guys will have cute babies. Did you really memorize his social security number? That's impressive.

Anonymous said...

I'm also impressed about memorizing the social. Kristin you make me laugh with the dreams you have about our little peanut. Of course he will be so cute and talented just like his dad! I miss you guys too. Can't say I miss work exactly. I'm sure I will miss the pay check but my mind is so focused on my to-do before the baby comes... Moke and I had a cold stone creamery date last night and realized that we are on the final countdown of couplehood. Our days of just us are numbered!

Anonymous said...

Shit, that anoymous comment was me. Still getting the hang of this site!

KristinMilner said...

Haha...mmmm, I love Cold Stone Creamery! Trace, it has been SOOOO slow around here lately...well, at least for me. Hence, I'm blogging. How was your check-up this week? Anymore progress???